Transport to their nearest secondary school is provided by Swindon Borough Council for all pupils who live three miles or more from the school and are in the catchment area. A little over 300 pupils currently travel to and from Warneford by bus.
In all cases, if pupils fail to catch the bus in the morning, it is the parents’ responsibility to get the child to school.
In Catchment Areas:
Swindon Borough Council currently provides buses H90, H91, and H93 covering Blunsdon, Stanton Fitzwarren, Sevenhampton and Hannington. In addition there is also a Taxi Service (V Cars) covering Castle Eaton.
During August you will receive details of times and pick up points from the Passenger Transport Section at Swindon Borough Council. If you have any problems with these services, please contact the Passenger Transport Unit on (01793) 466213.
Oxfordshire County Council currently provides one bus covering Watchfield, Bourton and Shrivenham.
Out of Catchment North Swindon:
If you live out of catchment the school currently provides two buses from the SN25 post code area. Parents are required to pay for this service. The cost is reviewed annually but as a guide, the cost for 2013-2014 is £528.00 which equates to £2.78 per day (the cost can be spread over 8 instalments if preferred). Each year in May details about the service and costs are issued to parents. Prior to the summer break details of the pick up points and times will be issued by the schools Finance Office.
Currently we use two Barnes Coaches; one with 102 seats, the second with 61 seats. In 2013-14 we have been able to accommodate all pupils from the SN25 post code who wanted to travel.
At present, 163 pupils use this service along two routes:
Route 1: Starting in Garsington Drive, Oakhurst, Woodhall Park Bridge down Westfield Way, into Elstree Way, through Abbey Meads and final pick up is on Thresher Drive, Groundwell West.
Route 2: Starting on Redhouse Way (by Isambard School), then Ash Brake and St Andrews Ridge
We review the routes and vehicles each year once we know the numbers and home addresses of pupils wanting to use this service. If there are any problems or you need any further information about this bus service, please contact the school Finance Office on 01793 762426.
Whilst the buses only pick up from the SN25 post code if you are in close proximity to SN25 and can get your child to SN25 it may be possible to accommodate you.
Here are the Transport Rules for all pupils using a bus service to travel to school:
Transport Rules – Taking Responsibility
Respect other passengers, the driver and other road users. Conduct yourself at all times in a safe, orderly, courteous and responsible manner.
- Carry and show your bus pass at all times when using school transport.
- Remain seated at all times and wear the seat belt provided.
- Do not put feet on seats.
- Do not throw items out of the windows.
- Do not lean or bang on the windows, or continually open/close the windows.
- Do not ring the bell unless you are getting off at the next stop.
- Do not be abusive.
- Do not talk, distract or stand by the driver.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Do not leave litter on the bus.
- Pupils are not allowed to play loud music. All music must be listened to with head phones.
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated and the consequences could be:-
- A letter of complaint to your parents/carers.
- A range of normal school sanctions, including lunchtime/after school detentions.
- Your bus pass being removed temporarily or taken away altogether.
- The bus company may prevent you from travelling on the service either temporarily or altogether.
Incidents should be reported to:
- School Prefect
- Head of Year
- School Senior Management Team
Other useful telephone numbers if you are out of catchment area and do not live in the SN25 post code but require information on how to get to Highworth are:
Stagecoach – 01793 521415
Thamesdown Transport – 01793 428428
Please click on this link to view the smartroute information ‘Getting to Highworth Warneford School’ SmartRoute Highworth Warneford